- God is so clearly present here. I love being in a place where God is the subject of people’s sentences. In everyday conversation, I hear people talk about the impact of Jesus Christ on their lives, and a longing to grow in faith. So cool.
- People here, just like everywhere, struggle with schedules, a sense of feeling rushed and life-balance. Don’t we all? The world we live in is one with many demands, and the “margins” in our life…the time and space between our work and our activities, is being squeezed. It’s a challenge for all of us to figure out how our faith speaks into a life that can feel like a 5 gallon bucket trying to hold 10 gallons of water.
- People here are open to change. There is a sense of excitement about what God is going to do next, and people are open to new possibilities. There is growing energy.
- Your staff is amazing. There is a gifted group of people working at Trinity who are dedicated to our mission. It is a joy to be able to work alongside them.
- Trinity wants to be “out there.” We know that it’s not enough to just tend to ourselves. We live in a community filled with needs, and we believe Jesus calls us to meet those needs. In Owatonna and around the world, it’s not enough to watch, God wants us to participate in mission.
- Finally and most notably: Trinity is a congregation filled with amazing people. Every single day I am blown away by the kindness, generosity, grace and love of God’s people in this congregation. Thank you all, for being you. Thank you for being who God called you to be.
“I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, and for this reason I do not cease to give thanks for you as I remember you in my prayers.” – Ephesians 1:15-16