“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” – 1 Corinthians 12:4-7
Trinity is right on schedule in our call process for our next leader in our faith formation ministries. To date, here’s what we’ve accomplished:
- The call process with the Southeast Minnesota Synod of the ELCA has been initiated
- Our pastoral structure has been tweaked, so that this position is no longer a children, youth and family position exclusively, but now will oversee all of our faith formation ministries
- New pastoral positions have been created and approved by our Personnel Commission
- A call committee has been recruited, been commissioned in worship and has met twice
- The Congregational Profile document has been completed by the call committee, approved by our congregational council and submitted to the synod
As you may have heard, Trinity has determined that we are looking for a “rostered leader” for this position. A rostered leader could be either a pastor or a deacon who has the skills, gifts and training to meet our needs. If you’re interested in learning more about this, I suggest you read this web page on the ELCA web site that describes the differences.
And now, we wait. We wait for names to come in from the synod office that we can begin to look through.
And this is also the opportunity for Trinity members to nominate the names of individuals who we think could be good candidates for this position. If there is a pastor or a deacon whom you have encountered that you would like to nominate, you can either fill out a nomination form available at Trinity’s Welcome Center, or fill out an online form on our web site. The forms will be considered confidential, and only Pastor Todd and the synod office will see them.
You’ll be asked to give the contact information for the individual as well as tell us why you think they would be a good fit for Trinity. All nominated candidates will be contacted by our synod office to see if they might be interested.
If you have questions about our process, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
God already knows who our next leader for this important ministry area will be. Our process is less about “finding” someone and more about discerning who God is leading towards us. Please keep Trinity, the call committee and all of the candidates we will connect with in your prayers as we walk together through this process.